1 Dead, 143 Hospitalised In Telangana After Consuming Toxic Toddy


Seventeen people were treated as outpatients and the condition of the others is stable (Representational)

Hyderabad:

A 55-year-old man died and 143 people, including women, have been hospitalised after allegedly consuming adulterated toddy in neighbouring Vikarabad district, officials said on Sunday.

The villagers were admitted to various hospitals in the district since Friday night after some of them fell unconscious and others experienced nausea, vomitted and felt giddy, they said.

Seventeen among them were treated as outpatients and the condition of the others is stable, officials said.

Newsbeep

They said the exact cause of the man’s death would be known only after the post-mortem and added that a case of unnatural death has been registered.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *